Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ashley & Andy


Another fabulous bride and groom has joined the family----- warm welcome's to Ashley and Andy. We are not only thrilled to have Ashley and Andy in the wedding family at BBP but we are really pleased and honored to have their wonderful parents as well. We look forward to working with the whole family and capturing their wedding with "Images from the Heart..." will be a pleasure indeed!
***
On another (yet happy) note, did you see the Tonight Show last night? For those of you who were warned to Tivo the show, I hope you did! The segment on The Running of the Brides was absolutely hilarious. Now, I make no excuses for the man who did the segment---- he was very sexist and his off color remarks and behavior didn't enhance the piece. That said, watching the herd of brides tear through Filene's Basement for the annual wedding gown sale was amazing. Sobering. Awe inspiring. Those racks of gowns were stripped bare in a matter of moments, regardless of sizes---- and the brides were stripping down in front of everyone with not much regard as they tried on these dresses. It didn't even seem to matter if the gown you pulled off the rack was ugly! Wow. I got a kick out of the bride--- who on national tv mind you-- said that she thought she was a size 6 but after trying on dresses she now realizes she is a size 12! HA! Just a wee bit of a difference between a 6 and a 12, I think this bride is rather delusional! Now, I don't know about you, and may just be speaking for myself but I would rather do a lot of things before I engaged in this bridal sport. Maybe it is part of the fun for these women, or maybe they do it for other reasons I can't imagine--- but being part of that rude and pushy throng just isn't my idea of a good time. I was hoping that The Tonight Show would have the video on its website, but after scouring around I didn't find it, maybe they will have it up later for those of you that missed it.
***
Nasty storms are rolling through St. Louis today, stay safe and dry!

No comments: