Friday, April 27, 2007

It's Friday!


Well, it seems like I have just gotten to the blog later and later in the day this week! :) You can tell that we get busier by the day and as I have lamented innumerable times------ I'm old and feeling older as time marches on! It must be all of these young and energetic brides!!!!! Friday has arrived (already) and it seems as if we were just photographing Theresa and Pierre's wedding last weekend and here we are on the eve of Jodi and Derek's sure to be gorgeous wedding tomorrow, we are looking forward to it. The weather looks like it is going to cooperate and be absolutely beautiful, and thank heavens that the Tamm Avenue bridge debacle is past, that was a challenge last weekend! For any of you in the Forest Park area last Saturday you know exactly what I mean, I felt so sorry for those weddings taking place in the Jewel Box. The other challenge traffic wise will of course be the fact that Chicago is in town as they play the Cards, if you are a fan you know full well how many people will be in the area.

Elizabeth and Mike's wedding album just came out of design and it is gorgeous, we are doing an album for her parents as well. With other albums waiting to be created the studio is busy and full of staffers coming and going.

I've promised myself a Sunday afternoon to putter in the garden and finish getting the herbs in. My parsley and cinnamon basil that I started from seed are doing wonderfully--- it was the first time I tried starting herbs from seed (in late February) and I'm very pleased with the outcome. Oregano was also planted but those annoying squirrels in the backyard dug it up peat pots and all. Dang them! They must be Italian squirrels! From the nursery and ready to go is another variety of basil, some thyme, and two varieties of lavender, the standard and a beautiful fern leaf lavender that I'm really excited to see in bloom. The chives and the sage have cooperated and come back this year bigger and better than ever! The rest of the backyard is looking great, probably its best year ever! If any of you have any favorite little nurseries out there, I'm always up for hearing about your picks if you are willing to share! Soon my herbs will be in full boogie and it will be time to get out the drying racks, share with family and friends and make lots of great creations in the kitchen! Have I mentioned how much I love spring and summer?

Have a magnificent Friday----- hope you will be able to enjoy the weekend!

No comments: