Monday, May 11, 2009

Groom's Hair-------- Shinin' Flaxen Waxen???

Apparently those grooms are just more of a problem than we suspected! At least OTHER grooms because ours are quite together and dashing!

From the fine folks at eHow comes an entire collection of more humerous than not entries about "grooming the groom" for his wedding. (It sort of makes them sound like helpless sheep doesn't it???) Below is the entry for how to get that groom a hair cut, apparently there is a problem that grooms are running about like the cast of H*air or something!

I feel compelled to comment (in RED)
  1. Step 1
  2. Find out how often the groom has his hair cut. (Do you not know this???)

  3. Step 2

    If you discover that the groom gets his hair cut every three weeks, you will want to schedule the hair cut a week and a half before the wedding (even if he had a haircut the previous week). Hair that has just been cut is often too short. If the groom has his hair cut and the wedding is half way through to the next scheduled cut, the odds of the groom's hair looking nice for the wedding increase dramatically. (Are you setting the tone for your marriage already with this?)

  4. Step 3

    Consider what type of hair cutting establishment will best suit the groom. If the wedding is
    not where the groom lives, you will need to find a barber or beautician you, or someone you know, trusts. If the wedding is in the town where the groom lives, it is best to stick with that location. (The comments are too easy for this one, just too easy. Poor guy!)

  5. Step 4

    Now that you know when and where to make an appointment, call and schedule the haircut. You may want to do this step up to six months before the wedding depending on the location. (Has the groom run by now? If he has wonder no further......)

  6. Step 5

    Give the groom all of the information, including directions, for the haircut. (And give the groom directions to call me, seriously. I will give him directions to run. Run fast and run far.)

  7. Step 6

    One day before the scheduled haircut, remind the groom of the appointment. (puhleeze)

  8. Step 7

    If the groom is particularly forgetful, remind him of the appointment the day of as well. (Does the phrase Nagging FishWife mean anything to you?)

If your groom is particularly troublesome you might want to check here if you have teeth whitening, pounds dropping, massaging or manicuring on your list.

I am just SO glad that our grooms are near pure perfection!!!!!


Now THAT is hair! :) Vintage 1972 Jerome Ragni, from the original Hair the musical of course. 99.9999999% of our brides and grooms are far too young to remember the dawning of the age of Aquarius. The revival is as wonderful (if not more) than the original. I saw it in Chicago, I was a mere child way too young to go and the nudity blew my mind. Because I'm feeling cheeky I'll tell you that I wore a white pantsuit with long fringe down the arms and legs along with long hair, center parted and freshly ironed. Yes, ironed. I think my lipstick was pale verging on white and I'm pretty sure my mother made sure I was presentable. No doubt I had a quarter in my shoe---- just in case!

Peace!

No comments: