Monday, February 01, 2010

Lovely Cakes--- from Martha Stewart

It must be the beginnings of the February doldrums because my mind is thinking CAKE! Not just any cake of course but wedding cake. Lovely, luscious, sweet and wonderful, loaded with frosting and tinted a pretty color. Yum!

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite cakes from Martha Stewart (thanks Martha!)----

A Charlotte of a cake------- I can imagine a tiramisu-ey cake maybe with the ladyfingers around the edge?

LOVE this clean and geometric cake, elegantly monogrammed and presented so simply. I bet it tastes as good as it looks!


A croquembouche wedding cake! How fabulous is this!!!!! On top of what is undoubtedly a yummy cake layer comes a fabulous presentation of sugary delicious croquembouche(s)! I have no idea in the world how you would SERVE such a magnificent frippery of cake but it would be fabulous!

Enough said!

No comments: