Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gone to the Dogs

It snowed---- and snowed----- and snowed. Bobbi took some shots of the snow, and the dogs in the snow of course.

Above is little girl dog Hana in the backyard. Check out that poor little snow covered dog! Where is a wee little dog supposed to do their business? Bobbi reports that she had to shovel an area on the grass for the dogs. I'm sure the neighbors thought that anyone shoveling the lawn was pretty crazy.

It's enough to make dogs howl, all that snow!

The view from South City showed drifts that were burying the steps leading up to historic houses. Check out the size of those snowflakes!

If you are digging out today, be safe. I can remember when I lived in Minneapolis MANY years ago. On one of the last and late snowfalls of the season something in me just snapped and instead of shoveling with that pretty red Toro snowblower, I backed the car out of the driveway and drove up and down up and down up and down until that 8 inches of snow was neatly compacted into a pancake of icy snow that promised not to melt until June.

More snow on the way this Friday, keep smiling and know that spring WILL come! Won't it?

1 comment:

Carey said...

Dear Tina and Bobbi,

I saw the spot on the TODAY show talking about the "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" program and it reminded me how wonderful and special you are for being involved.

Enjoy the snow,
Carey Timmerman