Saturday, July 05, 2008

Saturday Mish Mash

Okay an update and a post-holiday mish mash of sorts.

First a comment that we are always amazed that YOU are amazed that when you call Bobbi Brinkman Photography, Bobbi answers the phone. Why? Maybe you don’t know that 99% of the time you not only get Bobbi on the phone, but Bobbi answers her phone messages personally (and quickly), and she is the one you deal with when it comes to your beautiful images, your albums, and most of the studio etceteras. I hear that this is not always the case, not common. We can’t answer that, but that is the way it is at BBP.

Photography is Bobbi’s passion, her 24/7/365 breath and by all accounts it shows! I figure that is just part of the reason she was honored with the 2008 Pick for the Knot, Best of Weddings.

Now the most popular question of the week for me (the one who doesn’t answer questions on the phone but lives on the computer and loves our clients ‘virtually’) is what is on my iPod! This cracks me UP! I’ve had two calls that it is vacay time and this means burning a CD for the road trip. You say you like ‘em mixed up, like mine! And you want my playlist? Funny. But I’ll be happy to share my most recent, the summertime mow the lawn work 6 days a week get it all done and a walk in too list:

  • Summertime- Kenny Chesney
  • She Works Hard for the Money- Donna Summer
  • Everytime I Breathe- Big Daddy Weave
  • Rosalita- Bruce Springsteen
  • 409- Junior Brown
  • Who Put the Bomp- Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers
  • Rockstar-Nickleback
  • Day Tripper- David Cook
  • The Way I Am- Ingrid Michaelson
  • All I Want To Do- Sugarland
  • No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem- Kenny Chesney
  • Six Days on the Road- Junior Brown
  • Miss Independent- Kelly Clarkson
  • Last Kiss- Pearl Jam

And just so you know (because you ask, which again cracks me up!) Is “Johnny Cash” by Jason Aldean still the magic dance song? Why yes it is but I think that in view of wedding season being in full swing and the fact that I’m tired might make it okay to also make “No Shoes” by Kenny Chesney a yes I might dance with you at your wedding song. But, don’t forget the rules-- just so you know you’d better bring not one but two shots of Patron Silver. I still feel extraordinarily safe living in the ‘no shot rule’! And NO, Bobbi has no set of rules, there will be no dancing, or tequila for that matter. Sometimes it really is nice to be me!

Last but by no means least, today is the wedding of Randi and Paul, the sun is shining and the weatherfolk tell us it is going to be an absolutely gorgeous day. Who could have ever predicted that St. Louis weather over the 4th of July weekend would be so beautiful? It was 72 degrees last night for the Cards/Cubs game and even a bit cooler for fireworks over the arch. 85 today? On the 5th of July? We'll take it!



No comments: