Thursday, July 09, 2009

Chase or not the Chase?

When is the Chase not the Chase? Well, for starters when one is not working, engaged in bridely pursuits the Chase is a beautiful and elegant place to relax. Last night the elite of St. Louis wedding vendors gathered at the Chase Park Plaza to join with St. Louis Bride as they launched their latest issue. It was great to see Ethan and Nancy again and to have the opportunity to see so many colleagues 'off the clock'. When better to enjoy each others company, certainly not while everyone is hard at work, ships passing each other around St. Louis.

The food was really great, Asiago cheese baskets filled with guacamole, procuitto wrapped asparagus on toasts, some wonderful rare ahi canapes, various cheeses and fruits------ and other tidbits, all wonderful! The bar provided the usual suspects along with a trio of custom cocktails, colorful and delicious. The star for me (as always) is dessert and on that note the Chase never disappoints! There was a full dessert bar with everything from chocolate mousse to lemon bars to chocolate cake and fruit as well as pecan tarts. Yum! I told more than one person that I would sort of like to be left alone with the table. Well, and the bar but I digress.

Thanks St. Louis Bride, it is a lovely issue and as always, a great party!

As an aside, for the Today Wedding Junkies, how about that-------- my ring choice won! I figured it would follow suit and be second choice but instead the DeBeers ring won with all of its lovely pave work. Now please tell me that the sweet bride will wear it solo and not with her engagement ring? The honeymoon destinations were announced today, all remarkable. I can't decide which trip I'd rather take if I had the choice!

No comments: