Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Miscellany

Katie & Steven shone at a recent engagement session------ they're a fun couple and it's sure to be a great wedding! Normally I don't tag along on a session (well except for baby sessions of clients who started with us as bride and groom, gotta love on those babies!!!), but I did get to third wheel on this particular session. To be accurate I tagged as far as a local Main Street watering hole where there was beer. I had two if you're counting! I love St. Charles to pieces, I mean they have a knit shop and everything!

It is already Wednesday and the first part of the week has flown by in a supah blur. Kerzooooom. Last weekend's wedding was fantastic but I get to 'brag on' a bit if you'll indulge me. Since (as Bobbi says) my name is NOT on the door and I only wrangle and schmoodle at BBP I can talk about the best photographic wedding resource in STL. Really. Julie and Nick were married last Saturday and they are just wonderful people. The bride wore a lovely dress in one of my favorite styles. She and her family are truly outstanding, her bridesmaids were also excellent in all ways. The Hub, Nick, is also a fab guy and his groomsmen were aces! The reason for the Bobbi Bragging happened at the wedding. The bride and groom (and their parents) were found (and deservedly so) to be just a little nervous when we were minutes out of the ceremony and the soloist/pianist hadn't shown up. She wasn't answering her phone and by all accounts she was a no show. I did comment to our second shooter that I'd be happy to sing "God Bless America" but that seemed not to be the best answer to the looming problem. Ms. BBP herself handled the situation with grace and her usual energy, everyone was calm and mobile internet connections prevailed. We need to do a commercial I think, Bobbi Brinkman Photography powered by Android! Thankfully the start of the wedding Mass became a combo of friends playing the piano and brave women stepping up to sing----- without the blessing America part. We had several past clients in attendance who knew that BBP would get it under control. The missing soloist? Showed up pretty doggone late but did manage to belt out the last half of the ceremony. The day was hot as can be and no one even batted an eye, I told you-- the couple and their attendants were awesome. This couple is bound to have a wonderful life, I mean when nothing really gets under your skin and you can roll with it you have a good start on making everything pretty sweet.

It was an extremely good day to be proud of Bobbi Brinkman Photography----- we (or more accurately SHE with her Name On The Door) rocked it, absolutely ROCKED IT! With a big rock. What can I say, problems are not problems, calm is the order of the day, order is found from apparent chaos, and all things are excellent in the end. Julie and Nick had a beautiful wedding (photos to come) and we all know without a doubt that hiring BBP is a must do! I mean, whytheheck wouldn't you? I'm still grinning, still proud, still glad that MY name is not on the door, if you know what I mean!

No comments: