Thursday, September 18, 2008

How do you choose your colors?

Wedding Colors are usually the first thing that gets 'set', sometimes before the date or the venues. How do you choose the colors you will use as your wedding theme colors? We asked recent brides and grooms and their answers follow---- all very interesting!

  • Favorite colors of the bride and groom (We've seen the wedding colors that were the favorite color of the MOB!)
  • Colors of the season the wedding will be held
  • "After shopping for bridesmaids dresses, we picked the colors that we chose in their dresses, I guess you could say the bridesmaids ruled the wedding."
  • "I always knew what colors I wanted my wedding to be, I've kept a notebook for years!"
  • "The groom said any color but pink and red so I took it from there"
  • "The hotel carpeting of the room our reception is in is so pretty----- we themed the colors from there and it has worked out really well!"
  • "Colors? Black and white baby, black and white!"
  • "I look great in hot pink so there wasn't any other choice!"
  • "I started with the florist and picked out flowers I liked and as they came together, our color scheme came from there."
  • "Our colors had to be crisp and clean and contemporary, for us that shortened the list somewhat."
There are as many ways to choose color as there are colors themselves------- how did you choose your color scheme? Are your wedding colors reflected in the rest of your life?

No comments: