Monday, January 15, 2007

okay............ I admit it





I admit it............... albeit with a bit of a grin................. I'm a blog freak. That isn't the word I was going to use because my Mom reads the blog, you know the word I'm thinking of. It's much more fitting, but we will stick with freak just on general principles. I LOVE BLOGS and could read them for hours on end. Fortunately, my schedule does not allow for such fanaticism to take place! I really love some humor blogs, some author blogs, some spiritual blogs, some friends blogs, and the news blogs never cease to make me THINK. My favorites are Katie Couric's at http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/couricandco/main500803.shtml and Brian Williams at http://dailynightly.msnbc.com/. Williams' blog is "The Daily Nightly" whereas Couric doesn't have a 'title' per se. I don't know if that means that Williams is paid more than dear Katie, or CBS just tries harder. I do know that as a fellow blogger, one that also hopes to inspire, educate and generally have fun I am sorely lacking in several categories. It has become painfully obvious to me that



  • my teeth are not nearly white enough

  • I am not thin enough

  • or young enough, if you must know

  • I am not witty enough

  • or erudite in that special way


However, I blog on.



Maybe I will call my dentist tomorrow and throw away that last piece of chocolate cake. Well maybe not the cake, it is one of my favorite new recipes from those sainted folks at Hershey's! www.Hersheys.com, the recipe section is amazing and will keep you hungry, and bound to the kitchen for days! I will print it here in case you are, on this holiday for many people, too darn lazy to click and go!



Hershey's "Especially Dark" Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
"ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE FROSTING(recipe follows)
Directions:1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 10 to 12 servings."ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE FROSTING1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine2/3 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa3 cups powdered sugar1/3 cup milk1 teaspoon vanilla extractMelt butter, Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
*****
Make the cake, go on............... life is short. Then you can do that blessing thing and take a nice slice to someone to perk them right up.

No comments: