Saturday, June 21, 2008

Melody & Jared


Melody and Jared
had a beautiful, romantic wedding ceremony! It has been a very long time since one of our couples, in this case the groom's father, performed the ceremony. The exchange of vows was personal, funny, warm, and very sweet------- family and friends who were gathered were all very moved.

Melody's dress was wonderfully unique with a pretty full length 'coat' of allover lace. The train actually snapped on and off from the back waist of the coat. In another big change for us, this very sweet groom actually helped his bride to be choose her gown!



And their vows------------- again, it has been awhile since we've had a couple who has both written their own vows and recited them to each other in front of guests who were sitting in rapt attention! Their promises to one another were absolutely wonderful, warm and sweetly sentimental yet with a smile in them as well. It was an honor to listen to them!

We so enjoyed being part of this lovely couple's special day, and meeting their wonderful family and friends.

They'll be coming back from their honeymoon in my hometown---- woo hoo---Orlando Florida! I'm sure they had a great time with all of the gazillion activities to do there, undoubtedly Disney was at the top of the list. Gosh, I miss home!

When I talk about Disney with anyone I always mention that my kids grew up there at the Magic Kingdom. My brother worked at Disney and his day off was Wednesday. Every single Wednesday without fail, we trundled the kids off for a day in the Kingdom and lunch at the top of the Contemporary Hotel. It was truly magical and of course my kids were pretty spoiled. That was before there were so many great and gorgeous hotels and other parks on the property but oh.............we were blessed!

I do have fervent hopes that Melody and Jared not only had a great time in O'Town but that they found my favorite Cuban restaurant outside of Havana. YUM!

No comments: