Thursday, June 26, 2008

Prime Daytime Wedding

You know I have to comment about the Today Show Race to the Altar wedding, held yesterday morning. Of course I watched the TiVo---- didn't you?? If you missed it, you can see the video HERE. The wedding couple was absolutely gorgeous, but so would you be with the best of the best to dress you, make you up, and take care of every wedding detail. LaDonna and Darnell's nationally televised wedding was quite pretty. Now............ you know I have some comments, right? First off, I remain convinced that I'd love to see just average Joe's win the wedding. The two runners up (as I've said before) were quite connected and able to pull an enormous amount of votes. A military couple was able to pull from the ranks so to speak, and the winners were able to pull from her cousin Melinda Doolittle's huge fan base and blog. It is kind of like the voting for American Idol for me, I'm just not sure it is 100% fair. (I know, I can hear you saying, but life is not fair!) It is entirely possible that in years past I have not really paid attention to the back story of every couple's race to the altar!

Photo by Dennis Reggie

In any event, the wedding was gorgeous right down to the cakes! The lovely bride wore Priscilla of Boston and the handsome groom wore Hugo Boss.

Regardless, other thoughts:
  • Was it just me or was this a more rushed wedding? There seemed to be much less time to vote on things, and draw out the details.
  • I missed the gorgeous and lavish wedding from last year a la Martha!
  • I was howling when I saw that even on the Today Show the wedding guests were using their point and shoots and camera phones to take pictures! Y'know people.......... there ARE excellent professional photographs from every wedding available to you! The gazillion phones around every wedding kind of make me crazy! Just a titch.
  • Did you just LOVE the bride's grandfather walking her down the aisle? It was so cute! And because he walked with a cane, you just knew that the bride would indeed be taking her time on the way down to meet her groom!
  • The vows were lovely, very 'real' and sweet. I do love the personalized vows a lot in any wedding celebration.
  • I'm so glad that they did not leave out jumping the broom! It was fabulous!
photo by Dennis Reggie
  • And the DANCE!!!!!!! When the winning wedding couple danced I felt like it was almost the cheesiest thing I've ever seen and I don't care if the Today Show anchors said it was professional and like Dancing With the Stars. Dancing With the Stars can be cheesy too!!!! The posing and posturing reminded me of a bad musical not a wedding! We love it when our brides and grooms do the first dance thing up right.................... I have to go on record to say that I like "Thriller" or something along that vein much better than the dance from yesterday's wedding! I'll go ahead and say it, if one of our bride and grooms danced like that I'd be in hysterics! You check out the dance HERE, and tell me what you think!
Photography, of course, by Dennis Reggie

  • Melinda Doolittle "surprised" them and of course performed for the couple and their guests. I wasn't surprised, were you???
  • A Bora Bora honeymoon, top shelf all the way----- wow! Would you just love to take that trip, free of charge, honeymoon or no?

Having said that-------- it is pretty easy for me to judge isn't it????? And it is all in GOOD FUN! Just a little dishing, no harm meant! Thanks to Today............ I enjoyed it very much as I'm sure you all did as well. Wonder what next year's wedding will be like????

No comments: