Sunday, January 13, 2008

Unveiled Brides


What an extraordinary bridal show was delivered Sunday by St. Louis Magazine! "Unveiled" was spectacular from the second the doors were opened at Noon until the last gasp of the event at 3 p.m. I knew that our brides were in for a special treat as soon as we were finished with the BBP booth and I could walk around a bit. The Chase Park Plaza absolutely sparkled throughout with the show stopper being the incredible display of desserts in the "winter wonderland". Mountains of fabulous desserts, displayed beautifully among glass blocks and lovely wintery elements----- fruit tarts, some lovely green pyramidical delight that I did not eat but wish I did, chocolate mousses and cakes and little pastries and even some sort of chocolately delight in a wee glass cup with a "chili raspberry" on the top. C'mon------- it was heaven. The brides and their guests were treated to champagne upon arrival and the passed h'ors d'ouevres were incredible---- small caesar salads, mini ahi, wee canapes, shrimp, bacon wrapped scallops and many other delights---- YUM! The vendors were a small and elite group, perfect for those glorious brides!

If we met you at the Chase, thanks for stopping at the table, it was an absolute delight! Here on the blog you will find slideshows of our wonderful brides if you walk 'backwards' through the blog. I will keep Bobbi busy getting all of you on the schedule!

The highlight for me (outside of the food, what can I say) was the fashion show of spectacular wedding gowns from Saks. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I adored the ones from Carolina Herrera, but then I love all of her creations. One went down the runway that had details of black and white ribbon-like trim that was unique and fabulous. And the strapless lace dress with the detachable skirt???? WOW!! Vera Wang dresses are always show stoppers, incredible, fashion forward yet timeless, and just very Wang. My favorites were, as usual, Reem Acra's truly beautiful gowns. Frothy, lacy, elegant, edgy, ladylike, and fun all sort of rolled up in one. For me the favorite of the show featured a back that was illusion, embroidered with the same elements elsewhere on the gown, and the most beautifully cut back I've seen in a long time. There were other breathtaking gowns on the runway but those were, for me, notable.


Now of course it is time to unpack----- and settle in to meet more wonderful brides. I love wedding show season!!!!!

No comments: