Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Breakfast of Champions









No, not Wheaties---- far too healthy I think. When I talk about the Breakfast of Champions at the studio it is far, well, more challenging food. We have a toaster and a coffee pot at the studio, this gives us the ability to create breakfast (or a snack emergency) when breakfast doesn't happen at home. So this morning, Bobbi comes in bearing a box containing a foil pouch in her briefcase. I know I shouldn't make this admission publicly to present and future brides on the BBP Blog but it is simply too good not to! The contents of the silver pouch were POP TARTS. Bobbi's favorite breakfast food, well one of them anyway. Personally, I'd be hard pressed to eat a Pop Tart unless it was a cherry one. When it comes to cherry I'd eat just about anything, and quite frankly-- have! :) Pop Tarts, and CHOCOLATE FUDGE ones. I think that is fairly disgusting although Bobbi can give you song and dance about their delicate and delightful taste and nutritional perks. Whatever!


The amazing thing to me is that apparently those fine creative folks at Pop Tarts have discovered yet another incredibly delicious treat------- FROZEN POP TARTS. Frozen, Pop Tarts, can you even imagine that? My stomach does a barrel roll at the thought of a chocolate Pop Tart from the toaster much less a frozen one.


I have admitted here frequently that I'm just a less than young, skinny fuddy duddy so I beseech you all, fine blog readers----- if you have actually eaten a frozen Pop Tart, I want to hear all about it.

I'll be eating Irish Oatmeal while I wait.............

Because I am a Google freak, the subject of Pop Tarts piqued my curiosity. GET THIS---- http://www.pmichaud.com/toast this guy has an actual article on the Internet about how to create a torch using your toaster and two strawberry Pop Tarts, based on the article about the same by Dave Barry. This is FUNNY stuff and I urge you to take a peek at this, really--- it is hilarious. (Then again, as we all know I am easily amused). The author of this article is a sick man, and I am sicker still to be laughing quite some time after reading the article, thanks Patrick.


If you still have not had enough laughter for the day, please find your way over to http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/category/food/pop-tarts/. If you are language sensitive or a big Hello Kitty or Colin Farrel fan I would quickly turn you away gentle reader. If you scroll down a few entries however, I can recommend the K Fed Pop Tart Rap.

Long story short........... I love the Internet, other people's blogs absolutely fascinate me, and we as a nation are pretty funny people. I still don't eat Pop Tarts, add an extra "o" and you'll know what I really call them, and I'm waiting to hear your stories about PT's.

We're back to being serious, well somewhat and looking forward to meeting brides today. Have a good one! Just in case you are a nefarious sort, be on your guard! I now carry a toaster and two strawberry Pop Tarts along with an extension cord in case I need to defend myself!

No comments: