Monday, February 19, 2007

Michelle & Mike/In Praise of Naps

Saturday was a really fun day, we had some winter shoots out and about in St. Louis but the one we enjoyed the most was meeting Michelle and Mike. Poor Mike has been working out of town and arriving home on a Mardi Gras weekend he brought his fiancee to the park for winter engagement photos! He was a great sport---- even when Michelle really pelted him with snow..... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


I was going to put their photos on the blog yesterday, but quite frankly decided that a nap would be a fantastic idea, and it was! Napping as a sport is greatly underrated and just flat doesn't happen often enough, well at least in my life! In taking a poll (once I woke up) of friends and family, almost none of us DO take a nap, even occasionally. I'm here to suggest strongly that we stop considering napping as sloth and instead as a wonderful way to revitalize our spirit! When I took my nap I confess that the brief guilt abated when the body just felt soooooooooooo good! I had forgotten the perk of a bit of sleep could make. I'm not saying that we should ignore the crucial tasks that we must perform for our families or jobs, only that sometimes a wee bit of a nap can bring us back to our lives feeling refreshed and better able to tackle life in general. Go on.......... take a nap! Just a shortie won't hurt a thing and whatever nagging tasks, unless life threatening, will certainly wait just a bit.


I am looking forward to my NEXT nap! :) Have a great Monday, looks like St. Louis will be blessed with some warmer weather this week--- in the 50's! Yippee!!

No comments: