Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Aftermath & Technology


Bobbi had the pleasure of seeing friendly faces both old and new (that didn't sound right, did it?) at the St. Louis Bride Magazine Launch Party last night. Harrah's in St. Charles was filled with vendors, advertisers and magazine folk, all having a great time. I was not there with my froggy voiced self but heard that it was great----- and I did snag a cupcake from the event, always a highlight. Said cupcake was sitting pretty next to my computer this morning and I enjoyed it with a cup of tea, for medicinal purposes of course. Anyway, I have heard from many that attended the soiree last night that it was lots of fun, thanks to Ethan and Nancy!

And, (said in my most exasperated and way froggy voice) I am SO frustrated at the aftermath associated with getting a new internet provider. This of course means that you have a new email address. I've had mine FOREVER so making the switch was time consuming and irritating. I was on the phone with tech support for no less than 7 hours off and on yesterday. The problems prevail. Think about everything you have that has your email addy on it, things that need to be changed! From paying the bills to your P*aypal account, from daily emails from those you have asked for newsletters or the like, banks and libraries, it seems endless. My new resolution (and a tip I freely pass along to you!) is to keep a list in the safe of alllllllllll those places where I need to change email address should this ever happen again. With any luck it will not but you and I know the truth of that!

Thank heavens that all on the BBP side of the house hums quietly along when it comes to email!

On another technological issue------- will I lose the Facebook battle???????? Only time will tell.

No comments: