Monday, February 23, 2009

Golden Men & Gowns

Oscars, I love them! :) Not so much all the movies (I think I am the only person in the world who is not a huge S*lumdog fan)--- but the Red Carpet festivities are so fab!!! Did you SEE that vintage gown from Balmain that P*enelope C*ruz wore????? Gorgeous!!!! Total glam, total wow! I could see this as a wedding gown----- for just the right bride at just the right venue of course.

The most fun was reading along with several live blog events for the O*scars----- loved it! The number of live blogging events grows by leaps and bounds with every event, what could possibly be next?


Bryan Crowe / A.M.P.A.S.

Sorry, I thought M*iley looked like Disco Lettuce. She makes me crazy anyway, perhaps that did color my overall impression.

The evenings omg moment for me? Easy----------- G*oldie Hawn during the group presentation of the best supporting actress. I looked everywhere for a photo but I think perhaps the papparazzi decided that it was too scary. Personally I think the reason she had on a dress that her, well you know...... threatened to jump out of at any moment was that it was like watching a train wreck, you could not take your eyes off the, --top-- of her! Stay in there, please, do NOT make me look!!! EEEEEEK. And this was her brilliant subterfuge, brilliant I tell you. When you stared at her scary cleavage you did not notice that she was totally plastic in the face. T*ilda Swinton did have on a shiny potato sack but at least she didnt look like the Bride of Frankenstein for heaven's sake!!!!

Fashion talk always leads to wedding gown talk around BBP------ the good the bad and well....

...you be the judge!

From a very out of date (and presumably forgotten) website that just might make you smile this Monday, "Ugly Wedding Dress of the Day". Too bad, what a great name for what could be a lovely guilty pleasure!

Relax............ for your giggling and viewing pleasure have you seen "Ugly Dress"??? I bet you will visit for more than a minute and it might well join your blogroll!

Happy Monday!




No comments: