Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Erica & Jeff

How lovely and how appropos that on Memorial Day weekend we would be blessed to photograph the wedding of Erica and Jeff. The day was a titch rainy in the morning and made getting the bride into the church a tiny bit tricky but she was such a good sport and never complained a bit. I have no doubt that is why the afternoon was nice and dry. Erica is the last of a large family to marry and be in front of Bobbi's lens, we had such a great time.

The bonus was not only that the bride and groom were adorable, sweet, kind and wonderful to work with..........

And not only a Brownie Concrete at Ted Drewes (which was I have to tell you delish!!!!!) No........ actually the bonus was being able to see so many former brides and grooms all in one place!

For those of you who have the password to view Erica and Jeff's wedding images online, the event is UP!

Because we've all been thanking our soldiers past, present and future all weekend long I'll close today's blog post with a piece of poetry.

"A Visit to the Wall"
Vietnam Memorial
by Bob Miles

Today I went to "The Wall"
Listed were the men that had to fall!
Fall for what...you say?
Fall so that others might live another day.
Their bodies gone into decay.
Their memories will never fade away
Listed there: were brothers that paid
the ultimate price
The cold, granite stones looked so nice.
In the quietness a gentle breeze did
Blow and whispered in my ear,
"You know"
Yes, How well I knew
Many owed their freedom -- to so few.
Tonight I lay on my bed
Thirty-six years later I still
Wept for the missing and the dead.
And the mourning and their evening
Were the sixth day
Tomorrow -- would be a day of rest.

No comments: