Monday, May 12, 2008

Post MD


So, for the mothers out there, how was your Mother's Day???? We all hope that it was absolutely wonderful!

The image above is one of my all time favorites on so many levels. It seems a more than appropriate post Mother's Day tribute to Mom's. In the photo, the bride had seen her parents for the first time since putting down her veil---- and the Mom was compelled to come to her daughter and raise the veil a bit. Both of them had eyes full of tears and it was such an amazingly tender and beautiful moment, it still takes my breath away.

I talked to all of my kids, enjoyed one of my dear friends from Hawaii for the weekend (that was so great!) and wrapped up the day yesterday with a nap! A NAP! Can you even wrap your brain around that? It was delightful. Chris and I had the best time despite the totally cruddy weather, including (what else) more rain. On Saturday afternoon we ended up touring the Anheuser Busch facility in between raindrops and then had dinner with friends. AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Of course now I'm really behind the power curve but that seems once again only to reinforce the adage that when one plays one pays.

So------ have you seen the weekend news coverage and photo release of Jenna Bush's wedding? Not being political here-----

I think the photos are, well, less than fabulous. Not to be overly critical or mean or anything, but I have to tell you------- I think our clients would be shocked!!! Or something. Not that we've seen the full set of photos, and I'm sure there were thousands, but okay----- I'm just sayin'.

And, our brides shine brighter! SO there!

I was not there to fluff and buff the bride----- who WAS the bride wrangler anyway? Thank heavens it is still okay in this country for a dad and his daughter the bride to share a loving and intimate photograph and this tradition has not gone the way of Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus! Otherwise we'd be saying all sorts of things about the photo above and those of it's kind.

No comments: