Friday, May 23, 2008

Three from Column A

OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off the top----- I bring you today's disclaimer, posted after my initial post. Someone read my blog today and 'read in' the wrong thing. As you read below when I say that the GIMMICKS from the bride and grooms in the Today Show Race for the Altar were military service or diseases-------- I said GIMMICKS. Not shameful. There IS a difference and Geez.......... I thought you knew me! :) I was a military wife for over 30 years, I held down the homefront and served as military on my own ground in my own way through times of WAR and other difficulties. Military service shameful? Not quite!! I said GIMMICK----- and when you read below you will see that I said it tongue in cheek, meaning the people in the Today Show Race for the Altar all have a gimmick----- something that says look at me. Take a breath. I would never ever EVER disrespect anyone, much less the military service, or someone that has a disease. I left the comment in......... I'm not going to disallow it. I'm sorry that you read a post with humor as one that means harm.

No, of course we did not shoot the photo above. And I wasn't going to comment this early in the season, but I had to! Today is throwing another wedding and in a unique twist (boo) it is the "Race to the Altar". I don't like the games we've been doing so far, but maybe I'm just being crabby. Anything is possible after all.

You know how we all love to watch the lucky chosen couple get THE rings and The cake and THE tuxes, dresses and gown. We won't even mention THE honeymoon, or the etcetera's! I have to say that my pick for this year is Cara and Dominic. I think because they are just so 'real'. She is studying to be an esthetician and Dominic divides his time between real estate sales and car detailing! C'mon what is not to love? They are cute as pie too! No 'gimmicks' for them, no military service, no diseases, nothing but cute stuff! Just my opinion! So if you haven't voted get on over to the Today Show website and make your choice (if you don't vote for Dominic and Cara keep it to yourself!)

On a parallel Today Show note, did you see the segment from author Sherry Argov?? Her book is below, I don't think I need to say anything further...................

Wow. Once you move past the title shock value, one truth is that confident women do seem to be in short supply. A bit of the sample chapter (online at the Today Show website) is:

"Society's Guidelines for Good Girls
Imagine a world in which roles were reversed and men cooked for women, picked up socks, and couldn't wait to get married. Pretend you had a boyfriend who owned a hope chest with six lavender bow ties inside that he wanted his groomsmen to wear at the wedding. Picture him getting choked up every time you strolled past a Baby Gap. And that he greeted you at the door wearing silk boxers and cowboy boots, so he could do a pole dance for you. Then add a few ultimatums:"

I guess that does make you smile!

In a Friday Finale, I can't let the finale of American Idol go by without saying, I TOLD YOU SO! I'm thrilled that David Cook won and currently own every piece of music he has recorded. Woo Hoo---------- A great season of Idol! Shall we add that of the two David's, nobody did the Risky Business better honor that Mr. Cook in his BVD's. Puh-leeze!

I expect the next time I have to make a run for Wichita and drive by Blue Springs Missouri, I'll see homage to David by the roadside sign!

Looks like a great Memorial Day weekend, please enjoy it! We will be shooting the wedding of Erica and Jeff and are looking forward to it tremendously!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe you called military service and diseases shameful. I'm sadly offended enough to stop reading your blog.

Danielle and Mike said...

Wow!! Of course, I am going to obviously be protective of Tina, but COME ON! You totally took her comment out of context. You must have just started reading BBP's amazing blog, because, you clearly do NOT have a clue about who Tina is or what she represents. I seriously hope their is an apology to follow......gurken.

CRYROLFE PHOTOGRAPHY said...

YEAH DAVID COOK!
Now get out there and pump out that Idol pop crap. Can't wait til his contract is over.
xxoo